The Act is applicable to factories & establishment covered under shop & establishment act employing 5 or more employees ( Excluding top level management employees such as director and manager)
- Due date: for Dec – 15th Jan and for June – 15 July
- Educational facilities for the children of the workers.
- Medical facilities for both private and public-sector employers to facilitate medical facilities for their workers and their families.
- Transport facilities to the workers for commuting to work.
- Recreational facilities in form of music, dance, drama, games, sports, paintings, etc. are usually offered to the employees to build a wholesome working environment.
- Housing facilities under this scheme offer loans to industrial workers for constructing houses at concessional rates.
- Excursions, tours and holiday homes.
- Home industries and subsidiary occupations for women and unemployed persons.
- Reading rooms and libraries.
- Vocational training.
- Nutritious food to children of employees.